Super quick one for my Monday afternoon (or Tuesday morning, I guess for everyone back home!)
I learnt very quickly that there are certain words I say in everyday life at home, that people either do not even know, or think are bizarre.
A list of the ones I could come up with quickly are as follows (including their translation):
- Mozzie = mosquitoes
- Cozzie = bikini
- Trackies = tracksuit pants
- Jumper = apparently this is NOT obvious to anyone from America/Canada. Seriously guys? Sweatshirt?
- Thongs = NOT the g-string
- Sunnies = sunglasses. Again, I thought this was obvious.
- Joggers = running shoes
And a few more that I use a lot that I either haven’t picked up on before, or just took for granted as day to day words.
- Heaps = as in, ‘I’m heaps tired’, ‘Thanks heaps’, ‘I’m hiding heaps of chocolate in my room’ (I wish).
- Old mate = that person over there/someone I expect you to know who this is referring to/I kind of forget that person’s name right now…
- Shivers = instead of a bad word
Love you guys heaps! (See what I did there?)