You know how there are some days where you are just not feeling it?
Today is one of those days.
Here is a list of thirteen things I am over:
- I am over having to be nice to people. Yes, I am grumpy. No, I don’t want to talk about it. No, I don’t want a hug. Thank you; I do appreciate it, but maybe try again tomorrow.
- I am over all the work. Book reports, presentations, community nights, geography quiz, journal entries to submit, lectures, homework, community work… It’s not hard in and of itself; the pile just never gets smaller.
- I am over being homesick. I miss Mum and Dad, the girls, Jack, and so many others back home, and feel like I’m upset about this whenever I have some quiet time and remember that I can’t hug Daddy or have Mum’s apricot chicken for another six months at least.
- I am over the weather here. We’ve had all of five good sunny days this month. I’m in the Caribbean for goodness sake – the weather is supposed to be beautiful!
- I am over having sand in my bed.
- I am over cold showers.
- I am over complaining about everything listed here. Yes, I can see the irony but just go with it.
- I am over having no immediate/noticeable results from my four runs along the beach.
- I am over mozzies.
- I am SO over mozzies.
- I am over the thought of no wine until mid May. The list of things I would do for a good bottle of cab. merlot, some cheese, salami, and chocolate peanuts is long.
- I am over crying. So many tears for being on this life changing trip is ridiculous. Why did no one tell me it would be so emotional?
- I am over tonight. The rest of today wasn’t too bad; I’m just being grumpy right now, and I know it.
I’m sorry for the negativity.
I don’t like whinging so much, but I’m being real with you – this is where I’m at right now.
And I can’t really say this to anyone here because everyone is so nice and I’m supposed to be nice as well.
Going to sleep this one off (hopefully).
Wish me luck.