Excuse me, but where did that time go?!
I guess it’s easy to let the days slide into each other over here… The weather stays beautiful, the sun seems to rise and set around the same time each day, the temperature still hovers around 30’C (high 80’s for all the Americans) – I can’t believe summer is nearly a week GONE already at home!
The relaxed lifestyle here is becoming too natural… It’s almost too leisurely, and I don’t think I’m going to exactly like being thrown back into the ‘real’ world in less than three weeks (as real as being a mi55ion4ry in Morocco can be).
So, February in a nutshell for me:
- Surprise Valentine’s letter
- Zip-lining through Belizean jungle
- Cave tubing under mountains
- I did
atwo cartwheels over the top of an ancient Mayan t3mple
- Baked my first loaf of bread
- Taught myself ukulele (yes, I’m still a little rusty… but I love it!)
- Lost my iPhone/had it stolen – either way, it’s gone. I’ll just have to buy a new one through Duty Free on my way to Morocco
- Received a parcel full of LOVE from my Mum and Dad, aka. mini Tim-Tams, my favourite pens (yes I have a favourite pen!), a scarf in case I have to cover my head – so thoughtful!
- Found out I have another parcel full of love on its way from one of my favourite families in the world (shoutout to Karen, Craig and the boys!). Should be arriving this week, and I can’t wait!
Of course there was still lectures, reports due, volleyball tournaments, crocheting, tanning, a few Skype dates and other random things along the way.
Life is pretty good here.
I’m already missing the friends I have made and will have to say goodbye to in a fortnight.
I’m already looking forward to the adventures I have ahead of me with the friends that I’m heading to Africa with.
I’m already excited to meet up with Tom Morris in Morocco, then Uncle Warwick and Aunty Robyn in Colorado, then Jazz in Miami.
There are so many changes coming up, I have to keep reminding myself to stay in the present, to make the most of my time here, to not get too caught up in the future.
Miss you all at home.
Keep in touch, yeah?